Graduate Program in Chemical EngineeringDegress offered
The department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering at UNM offers an MS in Chemical Engineering and a PhD in Engineering with a Chemical Engineering concentration.
The department has a variety of established research programs in chemical, biological, and materials engineering. These include:
- Nano- and Biomaterials Synthesis
- Bioanalytical Micro- and Nanosystems
- Tissue Engineering
- Fuel Cells
- Optoelectronics Materials
- Interficial and Transport Phenomenon
The department currently houses twelve faculty in Chemical Engineering.
Research facilities within the department available to graduate students include:
- Chemical Reactors (Berty, Packed Bed)
- Autoscan-33 Mercury Porosimeter
- Autosorb-1 Sorption Analyzer
- Sedigraph Particle Sizer
- Coulter Counter
- ASAP2000 Sorption Analyzer (2)
- VTI 100 High Pressure Absorption Analyzer
- Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopes
- Chemisorption in-situ IR Spectroscpopy
- UHV Chambers for Surface Science Experiments
- Plasma Etching Equipment
- Semiconductor Fabrication/Characterization Equipment
- A Process Control Laboratory
- Fossil Energy Characterization Instrumentation and a Scattering Facility, including 2 Rotating Anode Generators
- Kratkey, Pinhole, and Bonse-Hart Optics for SAXS, 1800 XRD
- 2 light scattering Set-ups
Other equipment is available in the department for diffusion/absorption measurements, solar research, phase equilibria and biomedical research.
Graduate students also have access to resources available through our associated centers and affiliated reasearch facilities.
Jocelyn White (email@example.com), Program Coordinator for Advisement
Dr. Sang Han (firstname.lastname@example.org), Professor and Graduate Advisor